About Me

My photo
I am Sirma, a LinkedIn girl who enjoys little colorful tiny bits, summer, my lovely dog Bruno, friends, international politics, baking, social media, handcraft, this and that. In permanent beta & currently having the fun of her life in California :)

ShareThis

26 May 2014

Perks of being a Voyager



The distance whether in terms of miles or emotions I realized is the best tool of self-awareness.

I find myself relieved, relaxed and calm when I distance myself  away from the feelings and people who brings chaos into my life. When these people (or the feelings these people make me feel) trouble the calm waters, I lose the clarity on the things really makes me happy and I enjoy. Then I realize the the uneasy feeling. I don't panic though. However, slowly but surely I step away. One step at a time. Either go away somewhere, spend a day at a favorite spot, go for a run, do yoga... The first few days/weeks of distancing away is a challenge. But at this point I learned that it is a trait I trained myself to be better at for the better or worse. But oh man, once you are over the hill, you pick up speed. And just like magic: poof!

Things get brighter, you are independent and free, you can barely contain your soul of all the excitement small things bring to your life.

One of the best part is you honestly don't care. Don't care if  these people or situations are still around or not, don't care what they think, don't care if they exist. Even better, let them think they had you at your best when they haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg.






0 twinkle:

Post a Comment