About Me

My photo
I am Sirma, a LinkedIn girl who enjoys little colorful tiny bits, summer, my lovely dog Bruno, friends, international politics, baking, social media, handcraft, this and that. In permanent beta & currently having the fun of her life in California :)

ShareThis

24 March 2010

Turkish Tile Makes Me Happy



How did I end up writing about Turkish tiles whilst there are so many things to write. Because, today the weather is a day left from the winter and its all gray. Even my furnitures and walls look gray except three little piece of decorations which are Turkish pottery clays. Well, obviously I bought them from Grand Bazaar in Istanbul thinking that it will bring some color to my home and am proven right. It looks both classy and decorative (and just looks perfect on my coffee table).

The most hand crafted ones out there are İznik pottery and they are highly decorated ceramics. Originally influenced by Chinese porcelains, İznik tiles were far from imitation. They were adapted and Turkish motifs has been unique and subtle.

I was able to create that colorful image inside me lately. I have been very positive and assured that I am walking with solid steps towards my goal. Hoping to announce you soon with what it is, today will just enjoy my Turkish clays :)

0 twinkle:

Post a Comment